Monday, July 26, 2004

You'll Never Choose, You're Bound To Lose

BBC Radio One Reports:

After being kicked out of the Libertines, Pete Doherty performed an acoustic set on Friday at a London art gallery to mark the opening of a photo exhibition dedicated to the band. He was briefly joined on stage by Libertines' drummer Gary Powell, who joined in on hand claps for a track called 'Don't Be Shy' from their new album. Pete dedicated one of his songs in his set to bandmate Carl but backstage it was very different, Pete told Radio1 he feels there's no going back for him and the Libertines: "The door's been shut on me from the Libertines. Whether it was the management, whether it was the band, it doesn't matter to me. I don't want to hang around any place I'm not welcome."

"I can't betray myself. I feel betrayed. I don't want to go on about the drugs thing, I try and avoid it as best I can but to say it's about drugs to me is a cop out. At the moment, the only people that are offering me support are the boys and girl in Babyshambles."